Friday, October 12, 2012

Oral hygeine





Photobucket



It's the morning and you have not-so-great-smelling breath even after brushing your teeth, what do you do?


First, scrape your tongue with your a tongue scraper (picture on the above). You'll see a gunk of yellow stuff from last night. That's the gunk that causes your breath to smell and you don't want that. My tongue scrapper for RM10 for 2, if I'm not mistaken. I got mine at Guardian (pharmacy), it's pretty economical. :)

I only scrape my tongue in the morning because I don't see any visible gunk before retiring for bed. You guys could try to scrape it in the night to see if there's any. Remember to scrape lightly!

Next, use hydrogen peroxide as a mouth rinse. You can get it from the pharmacy or drugstore. Mine has 6% hydrogen peroxide content. Dilute 1 teaspoon with 250ml (water bottle size) of water. I use glass bottle to prevent any reaction from happening between the hydrogen peroxide and the plastic.  I got mine for RM15 for 450ml if I'm not mistaken.

I don't use the conventional mouth rinse because it's really expensive when compared to 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to make a 250ml mouth rinse. Furthermore, mouth rinse like Listerine has many colourful variations and that makes me really uncomfortable. 

What kind of chemicals do they use to achieve such pretty colours? 
Do I know what am I using?
What if I swallow it without noticing?
How many chemicals do they put inside?


So here's my take on oral hygiene. Remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day. I noticed that if I drink more water, my breath is pretty alright. :)


Take care.
"If you change the way you look at the world, the world will look at your change"  - Amanda

Love,
  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment