Thursday, February 28, 2013

Flu season




Photobucket
Hello! 

I don't know about you guys but in Malaysia, it seems like everyone is getting the flu. And.. that makes me pretty paranoid. 

Based on my perspective, a healthy body translates to a beautiful and glowing face. So you guys gotta take care of your health by getting enough rest and drink plentiful water.

One trick that I always find really helpful when I am on the brink getting sore throat is to have couple of sips of salt water before going to bed. According to mostlyherbs.com, salt water has natural antiseptic properties. 

I did a "Salt Water" post a year ago on the multipurpose use of salt in the beauty department. Check it out (here).

As a recap on how to make your own sore throat remedy: 
1. Scoop out 1 teaspoon of salt (preferably Himalayan salt or sea salt) into a cup. 
2. Add in warm water till it is 1/4 cup full. 
3. Have couple sips of it before going to bed. 


Don't worry if there's any salt water left as you can now use it as a salt toner! ;)

Another trick I noticed is that exercising really helps to keep me healthy. Try doing your best to exercise 3-4 times a week (15 minutes each). 

Moreover, having sufficient sleep (7-9 hours) really makes a lot of difference. I have been surviving on 5-6 hours of sleep for the past month. I noticed that I get colds easily and ample of muscle aches. I tried sleeping 8 hours the other night and WOW. The next day when I woke up, my muscle aches just vanished into thin air. 

Another benefit of being well rested is that I noticed that I am likely to be more positive and energetic. I noticed that my shoulder angel resonates much more clearly when I have sufficient rest. 

This is a side info but did you guys know that having lack of sleep causes your breath to reek? I get super self conscious that happens. My final resort is to gargle my mouth with my homemade mouth rinse before I step out of the door. You can check that out (here). 

Also, I advise you to drink plenty of water throughout the day if you have lack of sleep. I noticed that for me, my breath doesn't smell as bad if I consistently drink water. And a plus point to that is that I meet my 2 liters quota of the day. 


I would love to hear how does my tips and tricks work for you so please do leave any of your questions or feedback down below. Thank you for being patient with me. I shall talk to you guys soon! 


"Sometimes it's better to be with your own company than to spend your time with bad company." 

Avec bisous,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment