Saturday, March 26, 2011

Beauty tips and tricks & facial steamer


Photobucket
Ni hao! (Hello in Mandarin) Today's talk would be the Watson Facial Sauna. It's actually a face steamer. I bought this steamer about a year ago. If I do remember, I would steam my face with this for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the pores of my skin to open. Normally, I would allow the water to simmer and add in a few drops of Tea Tree Oil and a tiny bit of olive oil before placing the larger pink steamer thing on (I don't know what is it called). Also, the tea tree oil might sting your eyes a little so be careful with the steam.


The steaming will not only kill any future pimples but also nourishes your skin due to the moisturising properties of olive oil. It is best advice to only steam your face once a week. Remember to steam your face after you have cleansed your face. After 15 minutes, I would pat my face dry with a paper towel and take a pimple tool to extract the stubborn blackheads on my nose. 


** Be warned, it will hurt a lot but please bare with it. I noticed that after extracting the blackheads from my nose, I will start to have runny nose and my eyes will tear a little. Personally, I found out that some of my blackheads are really stubborn and only after steaming would I be able to extract it completely. After removing the stubborn blackheads/whiteheads, do remember to apply some tea tree oil to kill any bacteria or wash the area you extracted with water.


If you would like to skip the blackheads extracting step, just pat your face dry and apply a clay mask. Clay mask is suitable for those who wants the impurities in your skin to be removed. If you do have extra time, you could also extract the blackheads and apply on your favourite clay mask.


Here is to simplify things:
1. Steam > Extract > Mask > Wash> Your usual skin routine (Tone, pimple cream, moisturise)
~or~
2. Steam > Mask > Wash  > Your usual skin routine (Tone, pimple cream, moisturise)


**Do remember not to extract any of your pimples because it might lead to scarring. Only blackheads and whiteheads. Do apply minimal pressure when you are removing your blackheads/whiteheads. 


P.S - All the beauty tips listed on the above are based on my own personal experience. Do consult your dermatologist if you are hesitant to try it.  


"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness" - Audrey Hepburn




Good luck girls!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. thnks for sharing this post.This is a nice Face Steamer.Which gives you more glow then others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thank you for your feedback and recommendation. really appreciate it that you find it heplful :) Will def check it out.

      Take care. :)

      Delete