Monday, February 21, 2011

The Body Shop review

Photobucket
Hey everyone! Before I started using the Burt's Bees Pimple range, I actually used The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil. I use to like it, it did clear up my pimples like all the other TTO. It is 10ML for RM29, if I am not mistaken. I was a bit skeptical about the ingredients but I couldn't find any at the back of the bottle. Then an arrow at the end of the bottle caught my eye, I peeled it and viola! 


Then I wonder... If it's just a Tea Tree Oil, how come there are so many ingredients behind it? So I went and do a little research of different TTO containing what ingredients. Basically in my perspective, TTO aren't suppose to have so much ingredients. For instance, the Burt's Bees Blemish Stick has alcohol denat, other type of plant's oils, ones that I could relate to. The Thursday Plantation's TTO contains Tea Tree Oil and Limonene.   But TTO from Body Shop? 


Here's the list of ingredients of the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil:
Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.


About a few years ago, I didn't really bother about the ingredients listed behind. But after stumbling upon a website that says a lot of the side effect of every product, I became slightly paranoid. So that's why I started using Burt's Bees products. If you're interested, here's the website. (click here)


Which would you prefer, to know the truth about an ingredient you're using on your face or... to just use the product without knowing it's side effect/whatsoever?

Just to clarify, I like the Thursday's Plantation TTO better. :) 


"First, love yourself and then love others too."  - Amanda Rouge


I love me,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment