Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sunscreen tips and tricks & SUNPLAY review

Photobucket
A very good afternoon to you! :) Okay before I start reviewing the products I have tried, I would like to emphasise the importance of applying sunscreen/sunblock. I actually only started to use sunscreen 'religiously' in the year 2009. I have always had this mind concept that sunscreen is only applied when I go for sports. You may go like, for real? Yes. I have a reason behind it. I realised that my whole family doesn't use much sunscreen at all. 


So I went and did some researching. In fact, sunscreen is applied 20 minutes before you go outdoors. So the first thing I thought, "how silly of me!" Personally, I don't put sunscreen when I'm in my home. I just got to make sure I am not near anywhere that has windows that allow sunlight to penetrate through. 


Tips and tricks for applying sunscreen:
1. Apply 20 minutes before heading out.
2. Don't be stingy with applying less. When you don't apply enough = sunscreen doesn't work.
3. Remember to apply sunscreen before your makeup. Sunscreen must be the first product to touch your skin.
4. Apply sunscreen after you have cleansed your face with your favourite cleanser and toner. 
5. Allow the sunblock to set before putting on your makeup, eye cream or whatsoever. 
6. Reapply every 1-2 hours. Reapply after swimming or sweating.
7. Use a minimum of SPF 25 with protection against UVB and UVA rays. 
8. Remember to apply around the tops of the ears, cheeks, neck, decollete and the tops of your feet. 


Here are some benefits of applying sunscreen:
1. Reduce the risk of having skin cancer.
2. Prevent pigmentation.
3. Reduce the signs of premature aging. 


On with the reviews!


Firstly, it would be the SUNPLAY Skin Aqua Mild Milk SPF 25 PA ++. This sunscreen doesn't break me out, like other brands of sunscreen. I love the slight 'moisturising' texture for my oily/combination skin. Too moisturising is not good for me. I like the feeling of applying it without having the complete awareness of having sunscreen on. Some sunscreens have the annoyingly sticky feeling after applying it onto your skin. Do you know what I mean? 


The scent of this product is light and it is not detectable after you apply it on your skin. In the description, it contains hyaluronic acid and collagen to keep the skin soft and moisturised. It also contains vitamin E and antioxidants. It is suitable for sensitive skin but I don't actually have sensitive skin. Initially, I bought it because it was in 'milk' form. :) It is also free from fragance, alcohol, mineral oil and colorant - which makes it a bonus! 


I use this sunscreen when I am going outdoors. (not when I'm doing sports - I'll explain why later)
Next would be the, SUNPLAY Clear Water SPF50 PA++. I really like this. It glides on smoothly on my skin, it's like applying another smooth layer of lotion on my skin. It makes my skin really smooth. It can be used as a makeup base. Awesome, isn't it? I use this when I am doing sports and only use the  SUNPLAY Skin Aqua Mild Milk SPF 25 PA + when I am going out to run an errand/something. 


I use this sunscreen for sports because it has a higher SPF which protects me from the UVA and UVB in a higher percentage. After all, I'm directly under the sun when it comes to sport. For the SUNPLAY Skin Aqua Mild Milk SPF 25 PA +, I will be only exposed in the Sun for a while before I am shaded by buildings and such. :) You get what I mean?


It contains aloe vera that keeps the skin smooth and soft. It is also waterproof and has low irritation. :) 


This was my first SUNPLAY purchase actually. It is called SUNPLAY Perfect Shield SPF 130 PA++. I used about 3 bottles because of the 'high SPF' initially. I don't know, but I didn't really like the texture of the product. It feels like my skin became paper-y after applying it on. It gives me the awareness of me having sunblock on. I know some people don't mind and some people do mind. I am the latter. ;)


Anyway, I found out that the higher SPF means that they block out higher percentage of UVB and UVA rays. So I thought, 130SPF and a 50SPF? I am a bit skeptical about 130 SPF blocking all the rays. So I picked comfort with just a little less protection over this. :) 


If you don't mind about having that sandy/paper-y feeling, then this product will be okay for you. But for me, I prefer the SUNPLAY Clear Water SPF50 PA++. It is more comfortable. 




Lastly, I recently purchased the SUNPLAY Skin Aqua Moisture Gel SPF25 PA++. Basically it's like a twin of the SUNPLAY Skin Aqua Mild Milk SPF 25 PA ++. But in gel form. I haven't try this yet. But I will soon try it and let you guys know! :)


It also contains hyaluronic acid and collagen to keep the skin soft and moisturised. Contains vitamin B5, C and E. It is ultra light gel texture and  alcohol free. 


P.S - All of this product I have mentioned, except the SUNPLAY Skin Aqua Moisture Gel SPF25 PA++, are in white liquid form. They are all very easy to blend and work with. 


Update 8/12/12: I am no longer using any of the SUNPLAY range. Check out my new sunscreen review (here). 
"Prevention is better than cure" - Amanda Rouge


Happy applying!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment